But these, like unreasoning animals
Born as creatures of instinct to be captured and killed
Reviling where they have no knowledge
Will in the destruction of those creatures also be destroyed
2 Peter 2:12
The news locally, regionally, nationally, and globally, is filled with brutal acts of terror, violence, and murder. The highways, roadways, and airways are filled with angry, anxious, ruthless people. Causing many to ask “What is going on? Why is everyone so angry, hateful, and vicious?” Those who ask this question, do not know they are witnessing the fulfillment of GOD’s WORD. Our LORD GOD forewarned us beforehand about the state of men in these last days of the current earth and heavens. HE told us ungodly men will be:
• Apostates/Backsliders. Men who once walked with GOD, but turned away from HIM, for various reasons (Mat 24:9-12, 2 Ths 2:1 Tim 4:1, 2 Tim 4:3-4).
• Hypocrites/Liars. Men who continue to profess a relationship with GOD, though their lives demonstrate there is not one (Isa 29:13, Mat 23:27-28, 2 Tim 3:5, 1 Jhn 1:6, 1 Jhn 2:3-6).
• Mockers/Blasphemers. Wicked men who mock GOD’s WORD (2 Pet 3:3, Jud 1:18) and blaspheme both HIM and HIS NAME (Num 15:30, Rev 13:6, Rev 16:9, 11, 21)
• Transgressors/Evildoers. Sinful men who deny GOD, deny HIS WORD, and live for themselves (Psa 14:1, Jer 13:10, Eze 33:30-32, Tit 1:16, Jud 1:4).
Truly the sinfulness of man today, is like that of the men before the Flood (Gen 6:5) and those before the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah (Gen 18:20-21, Gen 19:13). People throughout the earth have become so sinful, with hardened hearts so filled with Satan, that many have become like beasts or unreasoning animals. This statement may sound harsh but it’s truth is supported in Scripture, through the identification of ungodly men both within and without the Church (Tit 1:12, 2 Peter 2:1-22, Rev 13:1-18). And by one of the three definitions of a “beast” cited in the following sources:
• Strongs Greek/Hebrew Definitions, the English word “beast” was transliterated from the Greek word “theerion” (NT:2342), and is defined as either a venomous snake, a wild beast (dangerous animal), or an extremely sinful man (Amo 5:19).
• Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, confirms that in every case where this Greek word “theerion” (NT:2342) is used, it is speaking of a wild not domesticated beast, a “venomous beast” such as the viper or poisonous snake that attached itself to Paul’s hand (Act 28:3-4). Vine’s further points out that the word “beast” is used in the Apocalypse (Book of Revelation) for two antichristian rulers who are destined to control global affairs with Satanic power in the closing period of the current heavens and earth (Rev 11:7; Rev 13:1-8; Rev 13:11-18; Rev 14:9-11; Rev 17:7-17; Rev 19:19-20).
• Oxford English Dictionary defines a “wild beast” as a wild animal that is large, dangerous, and four-footed (I.e. lion or bear). This dictionary also defines “beast” as an inhumanly cruel, violent, or depraved person.
• Merriam-Webster’s Synonyms states that a “beast” is a contemptible, mean, evil, or unprincipled person.
In summary, “men who are beasts” are extremely sinful, inhumanly cruel, violent, depraved, contemptible, mean, evil, and unprincipled. Our Beloved LORD GOD also tells us these men are for war and not peace (Psa 120:5-7); they bite and devour each other (Gal 5:15); their only intent is to satisfy themselves (Gal 5:19-21); they are enemies of the cross of CHRIST, whose god is their appetite, whose glory is their shame, who set their minds on earthly things (Php 3:18-19); they are lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of GOD, and they hold to a form of godliness, though they have rejected The Holy SPIRIT, WHO indeed could make them godly (2 Tim 3:1-4); they are like unreasoning animals, who criticize in an insulting manner where they have no knowledge (2 Pet 2:12, Jud 1:10).
We advise you to carefully consider the characteristics of “men who are beasts” and honestly contemplate if any of these qualities describe you. If none of these qualities describe you, then please pray for those who walk in this manner. Pray for their salvation, pray that GOD will deliver them from the power of Satan (Col 1:13-14).
The extremely sinful behavior of men today, give witness to the end of all things is near (Rom 13:11-12). Furthermore those who continually live like “beasts” will perish, and have no place with GOD in HIS Kingdom (Isa 35:8-10, 1 Cor 1:9-10, Gal 5:21).
Sin speaks to the wicked in their hearts
They have no fear of GOD
They think too much of themselves
SO they don’t see their sin and hate it
Their words are wicked lies
They are no longer wise or good
At night they make evil plans
What they do leads to nothing good
They don’t refuse things that are evil
[Psalm 36:1-4 NCV]