But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers
And immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars
Their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone
Which is the second death
There are many references in The BIBLE to sorcerer (Deu 18:10), sorcerers (Exd 7:11, Jer 27:9, Dan 2:2, Mal 3:5, Rev 21:8, Rev 22:15), sorcery (2 Chr 33:6, Gal 5:20, Rev 18:23), sorceries (Isa 47:9-12, Mic 5:12, Nah 3:4, Rev 9:21) or magic (Eze 13:18-20, Act 8:9-11, Act 19:19).
Sorcery, magic, witchcraft is the same thing, and is evil in GOD’s sight. This practice is both detestable, and an abomination to HIM (Deu 18:9-13, 2 Chr 33:1-6). And those who practice such things will be judged by GOD HIMSELF, WHO will be a swift witness, bringing compelling evidence against them (Mal 3:5).
Sorcery takes two forms:
- The practice of sorcery, witchcraft or magic is to deceive by lies, manipulation and drugs (Exd 7:11, Jer 27:9, Eze 13:18-20, Dan 2:2, Act 8:9-11, Act 19:19, Rev 18:23).
- The use of drugs (whether prescribed, illegal, or magic potions) to satisfy the flesh by bringing the mind to an altered state (Gal 5:19-21, Rev 9:21, Rev 21:8, Rev 22:15). And the dispensing of drugs (druggists, pharmacists, or drug dealers) as demonstrated by the graphic above, in the first definition of “Pharmakeia” OT:5331.
The first form of sorcery is spoken of throughout the BIBLE. And with the global distribution of thousands of books, movies, games, etc., for Beauty and the Beast, Brave, Cinderella, Doctor Strange, Frozen, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Seventh Son, Snow White, The Chronicles of Narnia Trilogy, The Hobbit Trilogy… magic has become so widely accepted that many Christians are ensnared. They are deceived into thinking these movies are okay, because good magic always triumphs over evil magic. Failing to understand two things, first, any type of magic is sorcery, making all magic evil. And second our Heavenly FATHER has warned that much sorrow, grief, misery, trouble and affliction (woe) will come to those who call good what HE has called evil (Isa 5:20-24). In conclusion, our Beloved LORD GOD has commanded that sorcerers or witches should not be found among us (Deu 18:9-14), which means even the books, movies, games, etc. that contain them, should not be brought into our homes.
Numerous Christians are unaware that the use of drugs (whether prescribed, illegal, or used for magic potions) for one’s own gratification is sorcery. The non-medical application of prescription drugs is just as grave physically and spiritually as illegal drugs. When medications prescribed by a doctor or other medical professional are used in a way that was not intended for those medications to be used, abuse occurs. Many who abuse prescription drugs are deceived into thinking that taking prescribed drugs will not lead to addiction (a compulsive, ongoing, destructive behavior). Yet any drug which opens the mind to an altered state, opens that mind up to demonic activity. Countless people worldwide did not believe their prescribed medications to reduce anxiety, relieve stress or irritability, stop pain, stimulate the brain to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), or relieve certain symptoms while providing a feeling of well-being (marijuana), would lead to addiction. And yet it did. When legally prescribed drugs produce the same behavior as consummation of illegal drugs, or influence by magic potions; the mind is being controlled or influenced by something or someone else, this is sorcery. And any drug dealer who purposely provides drugs knowing they will alter the physical, mental and spiritual state of an individual, is a sorcerer.
How would one know they are not taking legal medicine as prescribed? The following are the top signs of prescription drug addiction provided by Medical and Addiction Recovery Professionals:
- Continued use of the drug, even after the pain it was prescribed for has ceased.
- Complaining about vague symptoms to get more medication.
- Lack of interest in treatment options other than medications.
- Mood and behavior changes, such as becoming hostile, volatile, agitated or anxious.
- Secretive or deceitful behavior in order to obtain the drug, such as stealing prescriptions, forging them, “losing” them, having multiple prescriptions from more than one doctor or buying and selling them on the street.
- Using prescription pills prescribed for others.
- Physical withdrawal symptoms when doses are missed. Flu-like symptoms such as joint and muscle aches, night sweats and insomnia. In fact, any major increases and decreases in sleep are signs of prescription drug addiction.
- Acting extremely hyper or revved up, acting sedated, or acting stuporous (having slow or confused reactions, groggy).
- Using more than the recommended amount of medication.
- Developing a high tolerance so that more pills are needed for the same desired effect.
- Withdrawal from friends, family and society, especially if people close to you, say you have a problem.
- Financial problems associated with having to purchase more and more pills.
- History of drug addiction.
- Poor decision making in general.
Our Beloved LORD JESUS CHRIST calls us to pursue and acquire true wisdom (the ability to know what is true or right – Heb 5:14, Jam 1:5). True wisdom is only found in HIM and HIS WORD (Pro 2:1-8, Jam 3:17). Wisdom not from above is earthly and demonic (Jam 3:15), that is why HE warns us not to lean on our own understanding (Pro 3:5, 1 Cor 3:18-20); for doing so will also cause much sorrow, grief, misery, trouble and affliction (woe – Isa 5:21). So if you have completed this study and you have reservations, we ask that you will prayerfully study the Scriptures, and go back to the original language (Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek), and see if what has been laid out in this study is so.
Now the deeds of the flesh are evident
Which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery
Enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions
Factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these
Of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you
That those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of GOD